Sunday, March 2, 2008

Subway Tile Patterns

I recently spent some time trying to find a tile pattern for the master bath shower. Here are a few things to consider before laying out your tile pattern.



First, I think it is important to be dizzy from hunger and also to be panicky because the tile guy is due to show up any minute.





It is always good to have the phone ring every four seconds and the children fighting with each other in the background.






I would also highly suggest working in a muggy hot room with a horsefly buzzing around your ears and to have a massive mountain of un-folded laundry in direct view.






These are the only circumstances under which tile should ever be laid out. Anything less is just not going to satisfy in the long run.







After I found a pattern I liked, I moved on to the main floor bathroom tub/shower tile layout.




Same hunger pangs, same children fighting, same phone ringing, same time crunch panic, different horsefly.





I am using subway tile in the main floor bath. Because I love subway tile.




Subway tile is my ideal life mate.




Its simplicity, its classic good looks, its quiet presence. We were meant to be together.



I picked out a bunch of trim pieces to try and dress the subway tile up.




But the subway tile resented the fact that I was trying to change him. The subway tile wanted me to accept him for who he was. The subway tile wanted to make it clear that he was never false with me, he never lied. He is just who he said he was, and I might have to learn to live with it.




So I started crying and said," I was sorry and that I lost my head and he is so right and I am so wrong and I hope you can forgive me!"





Then the subway tile let out a deep sigh and said, " dear, dear, never mind." Then he said, "I guess I don't really mind the blue stripe and a little of that crown...but THAT IS IT!!". And we are both very happy with the results.

 

Blog Design by Linda from RS Designs | Custom Designs at Affordable prices