Monday, March 3, 2008

Soup Door

Okay - you want to impress a contractor? Next time you build a house, ask for a soup door. Then step back and watch the new found respect dawn on his face.



A soup door is a factory second, something went wrong, so the door is sold as a "soup door" and contractors use them as temps until the construction work is done.

The door in this picture is a soup door. It even says "Soup" on it. When I first saw it, I thought, that sure is strange graffiti. I mean if you are going to scribble a word on a door, deface property, vandalize - why write write "soup?" It puzzled me for a long time. Then Dennis, our contractor explained.

I know a few of you have been worried about that door. Thinking, why is that door there? Surely that is not their door. Surely they realize that door is not really right. I know you have. I just KNOW!

And you are correct. It is our soup door. The real door is coming...sometime...hopefully...soon

 

Blog Design by Linda from RS Designs | Custom Designs at Affordable prices