Monday, March 3, 2008

Countdown to Move In

Oh Dear - I am afraid that the next few weeks are going to be a hectic spasm of activity. Here is what has to be done before we move in on July 1.

1. Paint all interior walls three times (one coat primer, two coats color) - this is my job, I primed the upstairs this weekend.

2. Paint all ceilings - Dennis and Jordan's job.

3. Drag reluctant tile contractor by his throat to the house and get him to install a tile floor in at least ONE bathroom, so we can have a functioning bathroom when we move in. I feel certain I am going to have to stand over him with a hack saw and a gleam in my eye until he is done.

4. Install wood floors throughout entire main floor (Country Doctor's job)

5. Move contents of current house to new house. (all warm bodies in family will work on this).

6. Have lateral field installed and hooked to house so that we can flush.

7. Hang light fixtures

8. Install carpet in upstairs bedrooms.


There are many many other things that have to happen before the house in finished - like paint cabinets, install cabinets, tile other bathrooms, trim entire house, install plumbing fixtures, paint and hang doors, etc, etc, etc...but they are not as necessary as the aforementioned items. And even though it is somewhat overwhelming and not likely to work out as I would like, I am looking forward to all of it. I will be happily working in the depths of my house, covered in paint, sweat in my eyes, but a big smile on my face. Very happy to be getting to do something I always dreamed of. I may not see you all as often as I would like, but I will try and update occasionally. Tomorrow please stop by as I will be typing out my grocery list for you.

 

Blog Design by Linda from RS Designs | Custom Designs at Affordable prices