On my days off from work, I have a strong tendency to occupy myself with the one or more of the following activites.
1. Stare blankly into space for hours.
2. Stare blankly at ceiling fan for hours.
3. Attempt to guide tea and sandwich into mouth while staring blankly at walls and fan.
4. Miss mouth while trying for several minutes to guide tea and sandwich into cheek, ear, eyebrow, and forehead.
5. Finally, find mouth and give self food and drink.
6. Wipe drool from chin with back of hand.
The Country Doctor on the other hand is a whole different animal. He happily gyrates from one insane project to another. A few days ago he informed me that "September was yard month" and "October is barn month." To celebrate the start of "Barn Month" the Country Doctor built himself some doors.
To build the doors, the Country Doctor used some left over tongue and groove pine floor boards from our mudroom flooring.
He managed to work in a few cute "barn type" details into the door.
He enlisted Ethan to help him paint.
One of the doors has a window and one does not.
He originally planned to purchase ready made doors, but at the last minute he decided to try and build some himself.
I am really glad he did.
I wonder what other projects "Barn Month" has in store?
I hope there aren't any stanchions... or horse stalls involved.