Saturday, March 1, 2008

Decorating the Dining Room

It really is time for me to start turning this house into a home, yet for some reason, I just can't seem to get up for it. What I really need to do is to staple a paint brush to my hand and finish the four or five paint projects that taunt me every day, all day long, as I mindlessly shuffle around the house. But before I paint, I need to finish unpacking and attempt to organize the two dozen boxes full of crap still in the basement. But before I organize the crap, I need to catch up on the laundry. But before I do laundry I need to pay bills, clean bathrooms, get groceries, return phone calls, check e-mail and blog. Wait... no...I think I'll blog first. Anyway, I feel like I am about three years behind, and with Thanksgiving approaching, I'd better get my act together. So I hitched up my sagging lame ass pants and started with the dining room.



My father-in-law Joe made these plate racks for me several years ago. They used to flank a large window in our dining room two houses ago, when the country doctor was in residency. When we moved, there was no spot for them, so they have been in storage for six years. Sorry plate racks - but I have a spot for you now.



Speaking of plate racks, I chose this chandelier from all the other chandeliers in the entire universe for one reason and one reason only.



So that I could bedeck it with seasonal flora and fauna throughout the year. Well maybe not fauna, that might be a little weird...even for me. Hmmmm...worth considering though.



So here we have bedecked chandelier, and empty plate racks.



Time to dig out all my old plates. Oh dear! - it would appear that the old house had a lot of green and pink going on. I am more into golds and reds these days. May have to do some old plate shopping in the near future.



But these will do for now.

No comments:

 

Blog Design by Linda from RS Designs | Custom Designs at Affordable prices